Prayers for Belgium
Today, our thoughts and prayers are with the more than 30 brave men, women, and children who lost their lives in the bombings in Brussels, Belgium this past Monday. The blasts also left more than 250 injured after the rush hour explosions.
What we know:
- Terror first struck the Zaventem International Airport at approximately 8 am. where two bombs were detonated by suicide bombers.
- Approximately an hour later, another bombing occurred near the Maelbeek metro station, very close to the European Union headquarters in the center of the city, approximately seven miles from the airport.
- The first victim identified is 37 year old Peruvian Adelma Tapia Ruiz. Her husband and two daughters, four-year-old twins, escaped unharmed.
- Two terrorists, who were brothers, are confirmed dead, while a third has been identified as jihadist Najiim Laachraoui. Despite rumors of his arrest, officials have denied that he is in custody and he remains at large.
- Laachraoui is believed to have been a key player in the Paris terror attacks last year.
The terror group, ISIS, has claimed responsibility for the cowardly attacks, although there has been no official confirmation from Belgium authorities.
GOD BLESS BELGIUM