How to Take the Best Photos of your Pet!
If you are like most pet parents, you can’t get enough of your pet’s cuteness. We want to share some tips and tricks to taking the best shots of your little friends.
- Make sure to get the best angle by kneeling close to your pet.
- Offer a treat as praise.
- Don’t use the flash; it might hurt their eyes. Instead, try to use natural light.
- If you are going to be in the picture, hold a treat in the same hand that you are taking a picture with. This will help your dog look at the camera.
- Use a selfie stick with a treat attached to the end.
- Take some pictures of his or her eyes. A pet’s eyes are very expressive.
- Take a few action shots while your pet is playing alone with his or her favorite toy.
- Try up close photos of their facial highlights such as yawns, scratches, or whiskers.
- Use your pets favorite toy to keep their attention towards the camera. Squeaky toys work great. The sound causes most dogs ears to perk up and look in the direction of the sound. Squeak the toy right before you take the picture!
Don’t be afraid to experiment. Take shots at different times of the day and when your pet is sleeping or primping. Also, try black and white, for a classic look. Finally, have your camera ready throughout the day so you don’t miss that one in a million shot!